Number 2 River - Micro-Hydro
- Donors: ECOWAS / IBIS
- Location: River 2
- Date Started: April 2013
- Date Completed: February 2014
- System Size: 6000 Watts
- Direct Beneficiaries: 1000
- Indirect Beneficiaries: 30000
This project was unlike anything EFO had done in the past and included all of the following work;
- an entire renovation of the existing pipeline and water supply,
- the installation of 4.5kW of turbine power,
- additional 6kW of solar array,
- a grid distribution system for the entire community,
- renovations to the electrical systems at the community based eco-tourism facility.
It was an extremely exciting project for EFO to have been involved in and we will remain active, supporting the household connections and grid expansion as well as directly supporting maintenance and training community members to manage the facilities. We are also working with the Number 2 Development Committee to continue fundraising to increase the apacity of the system to handle expected future demands.